Well, That Didn't Last Long.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014


The Blue Eyed Bandit came to us as a wee rescued pup, one of a litter of 8. She had this little stuffed chicken she carried around with her. It was made of fake fleece. She loved it. Until it was a scrap too small to find. 


So she graduated from sucking on a chewed up stuffed chicken bit to grabbing on to the side of the giant dog pillow - also fake fleece - that we kept in our living room. She would suck on the side of the bed and knead the pillow with her paws. Very puppyish...and she didn't outgrow the habit very quickly. 


The dog pillow, like the little stuffed chicken, also died a scrappy death. It's been a while since we've had any fake fleece hanging about the house. 


Last month we were at the store and fake fleece pet crate liners were on sale. So we bought one for our creature. She lay on it, very proudly, then settled in to do her nails. Because she's weird like that. 


I suppose I knew that it would get chewed up and that the edge would get unstuffed. For some reason our huskies insist that nothing remain stuffed if they can help it. 


But I also thought that since it was a bedtime thing, only in her crate, it might last a little longer than the chicken did. 


I'm glad a took a few pictures and only paid $17. I'm not sure Mr. A will be so easily convinced next time. 


Because it's unstuffed and very, very loved right now. On special days, and who knows how she determines special days, she drags it out of her crate, takes a lot of trouble to kill it just right, then naps with it. 

When people come over and see that my sweet puppy-dog sleeps on tattered bits of rag, I feel bad. I really do. But then I tell them that this is why the dogs can't have nice things. 

Mrs. A









2 comments:

kristieinbc July 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM  

Ha! I'm laughing because this is exactly what my Westie Fergus has done to every toy, bed or blanket I have bought for him. :-)

jugglingpaynes July 16, 2014 at 11:21 PM  

Aww! That is so sweet! She's like Linus with her own special blankie. The best my cats have done is have a special toy. Not really the same.

Peace and Laughter!



  © Blogger template Cumulus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP